Since its inception in 1951, Rigaku has been at the forefront of analytical and industrial instrumentation technology in the fields of general X-ray diffraction and X-ray fluorescence spectrometry etc. In addition to supplying analysis devices, we also provide training on how to use these instruments and master the analytical techniques.
Users can study anywhere and at any time using an internet browser on a PC. A training course consists of easy-to-follow slides, narrations, voice texts and quizzes that the user can study thoroughly. Furthermore, users can repeat the training course throughout the contract period.
Rigaku’s training courses provide principles of measurement at a basic level. They are recommended for customers who are not familiar with the measurement technique. These include:
- People who use an analytical instrument but have difficulty finding time to study the scientific principles behind them.
- People who once studied the principles but have forgotten many details and need a refresher course.
- Beginning users who have had no previous training.
- People who have taken the training course before but want to brush up on certain details.
Training courses of Rigaku e-learning
English and Japanese versions, including slides and narration, are provided for each course.
|Abstract of XRD training courses||Amount for 180 days|
|Abstract of SCX training course||Amount for 180 days|
* Please note that CrysAlisPro, our user-inspired data collection and data processing software, and Olex2, a complete structure solution, refinement and analysis program, are used to describe the use of software in this course.
|Abstract of XRF training course||Amount for 180 days|
X-ray fluorescence (XRF) analysis is a non-destructive method of elemental analysis to observe what elements are present in a sample and to determine their concentrations. In this course, the principles of XRF and the configuration of the spectrometer are explained by using an example of a sequential-type instrument. In addition, settings and analysis methods for qualitative and quantitative analysis, evaluation of results of quantitative analysis, an overview of the fundamental parameter (FP) method and an overview of sample preparation are introduced.
Rigaku e-learning training course screen
Training course procedure
Please click on the Go to Paid Service button from Subscribe below. After the contract is complete, we will send ID, password and URL for the requested training courses.
Payment is only available via PayPal. After we receive confirmation of your payment, we will provide service from our Tokyo factory within 7 business days.
Rigaku uses the learning management system provided by Cornerstone OnDemand Inc. for our e-learning courses. Each course can be purchased in English or Japanese.
|Computer||Minimum 1 GB of RAM, 1 GHz Processor. Soundcard required only for online courses or videos containing audio tracks.|
|Browser Versions Supported||
Microsoft Edge for Windows 10
* Latest stable browser version
|Display Resolution||A resolution of 1024x768 or higher is recommended.|
|Display Color||Minimum color quality requirement is 16-bit. Optimal color quality is 32 bit.|
|Network and Connectivity/||Minimum 128 kbps （256 kbps is recommended)|
How to purchase a Rigaku e-learning course
- Please fill in all the necessary fields on the “Entry Form” and read the “Personal Information Handling Policies” on the page. When you have filled in all the fields and agreed to the policies, please check the check box and go to the confirmation screen.
- Please confirm the accuracy of your entries. If all the entries are correct, please click the Submit button and go to the residence and course(s) selection page.
- Please select your residence (inside or outside of Japan) and your course(s) of Rigaku E-learning Course (“Course”) (click the “Add to Cart” button), and go to the “Payment Page” of PayPal (an external site). Upon completion of payment, application for the Course is completed.
- Within seven (7) business days of the payment confirmation, Rigaku will email your User ID, Password and URL required for taking the Course. Upon your receipt of this e-mail, the contract for the applied Course takes effect between you and Rigaku.
Unless you complete payment for the Course, application for the Course will not be considered valid. Even if you have completed payment for the Course, Rigaku may reject your application for the Course in the cases described below. In such cases, Rigaku will refund the full payment amount for the Course, but excluding the fees charged by PayPal for your refund.
① If there is a discrepancy between the “Name (Roman character)” in the “Entry Form” and the one registered in the PayPal account,
② If there is a discrepancy between the “Email Address” in the “Entry Form” and the one registered in the PayPal account,
③ If the ”Email Address” in the “Entry Form” is already in use for the same Course,
④ If you have made several applications for the same Course with the same “Email Address”, or
⑤ If any data in the “Entry Form” seem insufficient or inaccurate. (Rigaku may contact you for verification.)
· Customers who purchased the training courses
Hours of Operation: (JST) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Closed on Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays)
- Our reply may take some time depending on the inquiry
- We will reply on the next business day to inquiries received on weekends or holidays
Related To The Specified Commercial Transactions Act
|Address||3-9-12, Matsubara-cho, Akishima-shi, Tokyo, Japan|
|Tel||Please use the email address below. We will reply swiftly.|
|Person responsible for business-related to mail order||Yuji Fukuda, Product Service Division|
|Fee for the course||Described in the ‘Training courses of Rigaku e-learning’ of web page|
|Time of payment||At the time of application (advance payment)|
|Method for payment||Credit card via Paypal|
|Learning start date||Within seven (7) business days after payment is confirmed|
|Learning period||180 days from the date of receipt day of the ID and Password (including the receipt date) by the customer. Provided however, if the suspension of the distribution of the course caused by emergency maintenance etc. continues for more than 30 days during the learning period, the learning period shall be extended for additional 60 days from the date of the original learning period.|
|Hardware requirements||Described in the ‘learning environment (PC)’ of the web page.|
|Special service provision conditions||Described in the ‘Attention’ of the web page.|