Tube-above simultaneous wavelength dispersive X-Ray fluorescence spectrometer
High-throughput elemental analysis of solids, powders and alloys
- Synthetic multi-layers, RX-SERIES
- New synthetic multi-layer crystal ”RX85”produces about 30% greater intensity than existing multi-layers for Be-Ka and B-Ka.
- XRD channel
- Equipped with XRD channel, Simultix 15 can be performed the quantitative analysis by XRF and XRD.
- Doubly curved crystal
- Optional doubly curved crystal can be equipped to fixed channel. The intensity by doubly curved crystal increases compared with single curved crystal.
- Improved software is easy to use
- Simultix 15 software has enhanced operability of quantitative condition setting by adopting a quantitative analysis flow bar same as the ZSX software.
- Heavy and light scanning goniometer
- Optional wide elemental range goniometer supports standardless semi-quant (FP), and may be used for qualitative or quantitative determination of non-routine element.
- BG measurement for trace elements
- Optional background measurement (BG) for fixed channel, resulting in improved calibration fits and superior accuracy.
- Automatic Pressure Control (APC)
- Optional APC system maintains a constant vacuum level in the optical chamber to dramatically improve light element analysis precision.
- Quantitative scatter ratio method
- When utilizing the Compton scattering ratio method, for ore and concentrate analysis, optional quantitative scatter ratio method generates theoretical alphas for scattering ratio calibration.
- Up to 40 fixed channels
- Standard 30 fixed channel configuration that may be optionally upgraded to 40 channels.
- Optional Sample Loading Unit provides belt-in feed from a third party sample preparation automation system.
For over 40 years, the Rigaku Simultix simultaneous wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WDXRF) spectrometer system has been widely used as an elemental analytical tool for process control in industries that require high throughput and precision, such as steel and cement. Nearly 1,000 Simultix XRF instruments have been delivered to customers around the world. Along with technological progress over these years, customer requirements have advanced and diversified as well. Simultix 15 WDXRF elemental analyzer was developed to meet these changing needs. It offers significantly improved performance, functions, and usability. The compact and intelligent Simultix 15 is a powerful analytical tool for elemental analysis that demonstrates superior performance across many industrial sectors.
XRF for fast, precise elemental analysis
Analyze beryllium (Be) through uranium (U) in almost any sample matrix. The most important metrics for automated process control are precision, accuracy and sample throughput. With up to 30 (and optionally 40) discrete and optimized elemental channels and 4 kW (or optionally 3 kW) of X-ray tube power, Simultix 15 delivers unparalleled analytical speed and sensitivity. Coupled to powerful but easy-to-use software, with extensive data reduction capabilities and maintenance functionality, this instrument is the perfect elemental analysis metrology tool.
Elemental analysis by XRF with full automation
For high-throughput applications, automation is a fundamental requirement. Rigaku Simultix 15 WDXRF spectrometer may be fitted with a 48-position Automatic Sample Changer (ASC). For full automation, the optional Sample Loading Unit provides right or left side belt-in feed from a third party sample preparation automation system.
Elemental analysis by simultaneous WDXRF
In contrast to the more common sequential WDXRF instrumentation, where elements are measured one after the other using a scanning goniometer equipped with an analyzing crystal changer mechanism, simultaneous WDXRF speeds up the measurement process. Each Rigaku Simultix 15 XRF spectrometer is customized for your specific elemental analysis applications with a set of discrete, optimized fixed channels for the elements of interest. All channels measure simultaneously – without moving parts, without time delay and without compromise. This makes simultaneous WDXRF the best solution in terms of time-to-result, precision, reliability, low cost-per-analysis and instrument longevity. For additional flexibility, Simultix 15 wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometer may be optionally equipped with a scanning goniometer for analysis of other elements as well as XRD channels for phase analysis.
|Product name||Simultix 15|
|Technique||X-ray fluorescence (XRF)|
|Benefit||High-throughput elemental analysis of solids, powders and alloys|
|Technology||Tube above sequential wavelength dispersive (WDXRF)|
|Core attributes||3/4 kW sealed X-ray tube, 8-position autosampler, Be to U, vacuum|
|Core options||Additional channels, XRD channel, scanning goniometer|
|Computer||External PC, MS Windows® OS, Simultix software|
|Core dimensions||1310 (W) x 1470 (H) x 890 (D) mm|
|Mass||Approx. 700 kg (core unit)|
|Power requirements||3Ø, 200 VAC 50/60 Hz, 40 A|