Established: 1 April, 2005
Revised: 25 May, 2018
Revised: 26 September, 2018
Chief Executive Officer
'Non-personal data' (NPD) is information that is in no way personally identifiable. 'Personal data' (PD) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. PD is in many ways the same as Personally Identifiable Information (PII). However, PD is broader in scope and covers more data. A "visitor" is someone who merely browses our website. A "member" is someone who has registered with us to use or buy our services and products. The term "user" is a collective identifier that refers to either a visitor or a member.
- Who Are We and What Do We Do?
- How to Contact Us?
- The Ways We Collect Your PD
- What PD We Collect and How Your Data Is Used
- Retaining and Destroying Your PD
- Updating Your PD
- Revoking Your Consent for Using Your PD
- Protecting the Privacy Rights of Third Parties
- Links to Other Websites
- Protecting Children's Privacy
- Our Email Policy
- Our Security Policy
- Use of Your Credit Card
- How to Access Your Information and Your Other Rights
- Transferring PD from the European Union
- Handling of Anonymously Processed Information
- Rigaku Americas Holding Company, Inc. is the data controller responsible for your personal information.
- The registered office of Rigaku Americas Holding Company, Inc. is at 9009 New Trails Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77381 USA.
Rigaku Americas Holding Company, Inc. Global Marketing Group 9009 New Trails Drive The Woodlands, TX 77381 USA +1 281-362-2300 webmaster@Rigaku.com Representative of Data Controller in the European Union Rigaku Europe SE Hugenottenallee 167, 63263 Neu Isenburg, Germany Tel: +49 610 277 99 - 951 Email: email@example.com When you or your agent request us the disclosure of PD, we reply without delay, except the cases below;
- cases in which there is a possibility of harming a principal or third party's life, body, fortune or other rights and interests
- cases in which there is a possibility of interfering seriously with implementing our business properly
- cases of violating other laws or regulations
Further, if you want to request the correction, addition or deletion of your PD with the reason that the content of your PD are not factual, and the utilization cease or deletion or ceasing a third-party provision of your PD with the reason of the violation of laws and regulations, please contact to the above. We confirm your identity and investigate and correspond to such request. If we cannot correspond to your request, we explain the reason.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your PD is based on and the necessity for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract. What Happens If You Don't Give Us Your PD. If you do not provide us with enough PD, we may not be able to provide you with all our products and services. However, you can access and use some parts of our website without giving us your PD. We Collect Your PD in the Following Ways:
(ii) When Buying Products or Services
If you buy products or services from us, we collect some or all of the following information: your first name, last name, user name, password, company, email address, phone number, street address, city, state, province region, zip code, postal code, credit card or other payment information. We need to collect and process your PD as a necessity for the performance of a contract or to take steps to entering into a contract at your request; otherwise we cannot provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us.
(iii) When Providing Customer Support for Our Products and Services
If you require support from us, we may collect information about the type of product(s) you purchased, the date you purchased it, the system serial number, the nature of the problem you are having, and other information.
(iv) Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 our customers and users who are California residents are permitted to request certain information about the types of information shared by us with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the identities of those third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to: webmaster@Rigaku.com or write us at the address described in "2. How to Contact Us?" above.
- Verify your identity;
- Provide our products and services you have requested or purchased from us;
- Personalize and customize our content;
- Make improvements to our website;
- Contact you with updates to our website;
- Resolve problems and disputes;
- Provide to third party service providers within the necessary range for receiving the services; and
- Contact you with marketing and advertising that we believe may be of interest to you.
We have set out below, in a table format, a more granular description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Rigaku Corporation group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can change your contact preferences at any time through your account or by sending us an email with your request to: webmaster@Rigaku.com.
(iii) Your Receipt of Marketing Message
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
(iv) Sharing Information with Affiliates and Other Third Parties
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in Article 4 above.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. Further, in case that we entrust the processing of your PD to the third-party service providers, we select the third-party service providers who can maintain the appropriate or suitable technical and physical safeguards, and control and supervise such third-party service providers. We do not sell or rent your PD to third parties for marketing purposes. However, for data aggregation purposes we may use your NPD, which might be sold to other parties at our discretion. Any such data aggregation would not contain any of your PD. We may provide any kind of your PD, which are described in Article 4 (We Collect Your PD in the Following Ways and Information We Collect) above and except the "special care-required personal information", such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, street address, city, state, province region, cookies, and IP address to third-party service providers we hire to provide services to us by emails, internet, etc. without your consent. These third-party service providers may include but are not limited to: payment processors, all centers, data management services, help desk providers, accountants, law firms, auditors, shopping cart and email service providers, and shipping companies. We maintain the appropriate or suitable technical and physical safeguards in relation to the provision of your PD to such third-party service providers. Whenever you request us the discontinuance of the provision of your PD to such third-party service providers, we shall discontinue the provision of your PD to such third-party service providers. If you want to obtain a copy of such safeguards or discontinue the provision of your PD to third-party service providers, send us an email with your request to webmaster@Rigaku.com. When we provide your PD to any third-party service providers, or receive PD from any third-party, we make a record of such provision or receipt. Further, when we receive PD from any third-party, we shall check the circumstances of obtaining such PD.
- Internal Third Parties such as employees who need to know PD for the purposes above.
- External Third Parties such as third party service providers who need to know PD for the purposes above.
(v) Legally Required Releases of Information
We may be legally required to disclose your PD if such disclosure is (a) required by judicial order, law, or other legal process; (b) necessary to assist law enforcement officials or government enforcement agencies; (c) necessary to investigate violations of or otherwise enforce our Legal Terms; (d) necessary to protect us from legal action or claims from third parties, including you and/or other users or members; or (e) necessary to protect the legal rights, personal/real property, or personal safety of our company, users, employees, and affiliates.
(vi) Disclosures to Successors
(vii) Community Discussion Boards
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see "Your right to erasure" in Article 15 below for further information. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. When your information is no longer necessary for the processing purposes for which the information was collected, we will destroy, delete, or erase it, unless there is no legal obligation to retain the information.
We maintain your PD correctly and update to the latest information, as long as we acknowledge. You can update your PD using services found on our website. If no such services exist, you can contact us using the contact information found at the top of this policy and we will help you. However, we may keep your PD as needed to enforce our agreements and to comply with any legal obligations.
You have the right to revoke your consent for us to use your PD at any time. Provided, however that such an opt out will not affect disclosures otherwise permitted by law including but not limited to: (i) disclosures to affiliates and business partners, (ii) disclosures to third-party service providers that provide certain services for our business, such as credit card processing, computer system services, shipping, data management services, (iii) disclosures to third parties as necessary to fulfill your requests, (iv) disclosures to governmental agencies or law enforcement departments, or as otherwise required to be made under applicable law, or (v) previously completed disclosures to third parties. If you want to revoke your consent for us to use your PD, send us an email with your request to: webmaster@Rigaku.com.
If any postings you make on our website contain information about third parties, you must make sure you have permission to include that information in your posting. While we are not legally liable for the actions of our users, we will remove any postings about which we are notified, if such postings violate the privacy rights of others.
Even though our website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16, we realize that a child under the age of 16 may attempt to access our website. We do not knowingly collect PD from children under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child is using our website, please contact us. When we receive your notice of the use of our website by a child, before we remove any information, we may ask for proof of identification to prevent malicious removal of account information. If we discover that a child is accessing our website, we will delete his/her information within a reasonable period of time. You acknowledge that we do not verify the age of our users nor do we have any liability to do so.
You can always opt out of receiving further email correspondence from us or our affiliates. We will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third party without your permission except in the sale or transfer of our business, or if our company files for bankruptcy.
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from:
All of our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above), who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our Services. In case that the incident to PD (leakage, loss, damage and infringement) occurs (including the case of the possibility of such incident), we immediately investigate the fact and the reason of such incident, and take measures to prevent recurrence, and report to the supervisory authority and you in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- unauthorised access;
- improper use or disclosure;
- unauthorised modification; and
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
You may have to provide a credit card to buy products and services from our website. When we collect your credit card information through our website, we will encrypt it before it travels over the Internet using industry-standard technology for conducting secure online transactions. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee against the loss or misuse of your PD or secure data transmission over the Internet because of its nature. We strongly urge you to protect any password you may have for our website and to not share it with anyone. You should always log out of our website when you finish using it, especially if you are sharing or using a computer in a public place. We use third-party billing services and have no control over these services. We use our commercially reasonable efforts to make sure your credit card number is kept strictly confidential by using only third-party billing services that use industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card number from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any unauthorized use or misuse of your credit card number by third-party billing services.If you ask us, we'll confirm whether we're processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you're entitled to have it rectified. If we've shared your personal information with others, we'll let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we'll also tell you who we've shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we've shared your personal information with others, we'll let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we'll also tell you who we've shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.You can ask us to 'block' or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it. It won't stop us from storing your personal information though. We'll tell you before we lift any restriction. If we've shared your personal information with others, we'll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we'll also tell you who we've shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you've provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
- relying on our own or someone else's legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
- processing your personal information for direct marketing.You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it's based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. When you withdraw your consent for our processing your personal data, please instruct us by sending email at webmaster@Rigaku.com. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further. For details about your rights under the GDPR, visit https://goo.gl/F41vAV
➤ Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we've handled your personal information, you can report it to the Data Protection Authorities. You can find details about how to do this at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/what-are-data-protection-authorities-dpas_en
- Information shall be processed appropriately in accordance with standards stipulated in laws and regulations.
- Security control action shall be taken in accordance with standards stipulated in laws and regulations so as to prevent leakage of deleted information from the personal information which is used for creating anonymously processed information and information relating to processing methods.
- Items of information relating to an individual contained in anonymously processed information shall be disclosed to the public in accordance with standards stipulated in laws and regulations.
- No comparison with the other information shall be taken to identify the first person relating to personal information used to create the anonymously processed information concerned.When providing anonymously processed information to a third party, we will, in accordance with standards stipulated in laws and regulations, disclose to the public the items of information relating to an individual contained in such anonymously processed information as well as the method of provision, and we will state to the third party explicitly to the effect that the information being provided is anonymously processed information.
- Identifying the areas of our website that you have visited;
- Personalizing content that you see on our website;
- Our website analytics;
- Remarketing our products or services to you;
- Remembering your preferences, settings, and login details;
- Targeted advertising and serving ads relevant to your interests;
- Affiliate marketing;
- Allowing you to post comments; and
- Allowing you to share content with social networks.We may also use a technology called web beacons to collect general information about your use of our website and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information we collect by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor the number of people who open our emails. Web beacons also help us to understand the behavior of our customers, members, and visitors.Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about the use of our website. Google Analytics collects information from users such as age, gender, interests, demographics, how often they visit our website, what pages they visit, and what other websites they have used before coming to our website. We use the information we get from Google Analytics to analyze traffic, remarket our products and services to users, improve our marketing, advertising, and to improve our website. We have enabled Google Analytics advertising features such as remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit our website, not your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with PD. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit:
You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link:
(xiii) Do Not Track SettingsSome web browsers have settings that enable you to request that our website not track your movement within our website. Our website does not obey such settings when transmitted to and detected by our website. You can turn off tracking features and other security settings in your browser by referring to your browser's user manual.
(xiv) Google RemarketingWhy am I seeing ads by Google for products I've viewed?
Our website uses a remarketing advertising service. Our remarketing service is provided by Google and other companies that show our ads on websites across the Internet. With remarketing you may see ads for our products you have previously looked at. As an example, suppose you visit a website that sells computers, but you do not buy a computer on your first visit to that website. The website's owner might like to encourage you to revisit his/her site and buy a computer by showing you his/her ads again on other websites that you visit. We use remarketing for similar purposes. For this to happen, Google will read a cookie that is already in your browser, or they place a cookie in your browser when you visit our site or other sites using remarketing.
https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en or you can opt out using the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page at: