Rigaku Innovative Technologies, Inc. (RIT) is looking for an QC Manager for its R&D department. RIT is a company located in Auburn Hills, Michigan USA.
- Strong skills in data analysis (Excel, Mathlab/Mathcad) required. Programming and/or CAD ability not required but is desirable.
- Ability to work with an extended range of personnel, including technicians, scientists, customers, and managers.
- Strong communications ability required: technical presentations to engineers, scientists & managers; internal and external reports; documentation; support for sales & marketing.
- Education: PhD in relevant field (engineering, physics, material science)
- Development of deposition technology
- New product development.
- Manufacturing activities, such as using vacuum thin film deposition technology to produce ultrathin, ultraprecise multilayer thin films on precision optics, often involving new and advanced coatings. Primary responsibilities include determining optimal deposition system parameters to produce complex programmed thin film gradients; troubleshooting deposition systems and equipment, providing design input for mechanical fixtures, and analysis of optical designs to determine coating solutions.
- Specific activities to support the above assignments may include, but not limited to the following:
- Conducting and analyzing measurements of thin film and optical surface analysis including x-ray reflectivity, EUV reflectivity, atomic force microscopy (AFM), white light interferometry, residual gas analysis (RGA), microscopes and other relevant techniques.
- Evaluating deposition equipment condition, leading/assisting maintenance & troubleshooting as well as upgrades. Experience with vacuum systems and associated electromechanical systems is desirable.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.