DIVISION: Rigaku Innovative Technologies
POSITION: Mechanical Engineer
LOCATION: Auburn Hills, MI
Rigaku Innovative Technologies has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer. The ideal candidate will support R&D, Operation and sales/marketing with product knowledge and engineering services. The activities may include designs of equipment components, process development and conceptual models of proposal devices to customers.
- BS in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Two years’ experience in precision mechanical engineering and design using 3D CAD modeling, 2D drawing and GD&T. SolidWorks and PDM experience is preferable.
- Familiar with engineering workflows tailored to small enterprises and small volume products such as instruments.
- Ability to adapt proven designs to the requirements specific to a market. In this case, it is x-ray instrument market (the x-rays optics and x-ray instruments).
- Good knowledge in physics, mathematics, and root-cause analysis.
- Experience in the field of scientific analytical instrument design and manufacturing is a strong plus.
- Engineering for general precision mechanical component and sub-assemblies
- Electromechanical system modeling and analysis using 3D CAD and FEA package
- Mechanical drawing generation with proper GD&T implementation per industrial standards
- Component and sub-system prototyping and troubleshooting
- Mechanical engineering and design in product development. Typical tasks precision optical component design, mounting of optical components, precision alignment, surface quality control, motorization, manufacturing process and cost of manufacturing.
- System integration, including both opto-mechanical integration, electro-mechanical integration, data acquisition and basic data processing.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.