Sequential wavelength dispersive X-Ray fluorescence spectrometer
Elemental analysis of solids, liquids, powders, alloys and thin films
- Analysis of elements from Be to U
- Small footprint uses less valuable lab space
- Micro analysis to analyze samples as small as 500 μm
- Tube-below design is optimized for liquids and loose powders
- 30μ tube delivers superior light element performance
- Mapping feature for elemental topography/distribution
- Helium seal means the optics are always under vacuum
- Available "Smart Sample Loading System" (SSLS)
Smart Sample Loading System (SSLS) - optional
- Increases the number of samples on deck
- The maximum number of samples that can be loaded in the same installation space as compared to the conventional sample changer has been increased from 48 to 104 units (when ∅35mm sample trays are used）
- Flexible combination of sample trays
- It is possible to combine various sample trays (the sample trays for the standard sample holder, for ∅35mm sample size and ∅40mm sample size) in various combinations with a simple software operation for deck configuration.
- Automated analysis interface provided
- By communicating with the automated analytical system control computer, the sample set at the sample transfer position is measured automatically.
- Significantly reduces labor requirements and improves accuracy
- With integrated barcode reader (option), labor requirements are reduced and data transcription accuracy increased
Rigaku ZSX Primus delivers rapid quantitative determination of major and minor atomic elements, from beryllium (Be) through uranium (U), in a wide variety of sample types — with minimal standards.
Powerful, flexible and reliable elemental analysis
The latest instrument in Rigaku's ZSX series, the ZSX Primus continues the tradition of delivering accurate results in a timely and seamless manner, with unsurpassed reliability, flexibility, and ease of use to meet any challenges in today's laboratory.
Low-Z performance with mapping and multi-spot analysis
Providing superior performance with the flexibility for analyzing the most complex samples, the ZSX Primus features a 30 micron tube, the thinnest end-window tube available in the industry, for exceptional light element (low-Z) detection limits. Combined with the most advanced mapping package to detect homogeneity and inclusions, the ZSX Primus allows easy detailed investigation of samples that provide analytical insights not easily obtained by other analytical methodologies. Available multi-spot analysis also helps to eliminate sampling errors in inhomogeneous materials.
SQX fundamental parameters with EZ-scan software
EZ-scan allows users to analyze unknown samples without any prior setup. This time saving feature requires only a few clicks of the mouse and a sample name to be entered. Combined with SQX fundamental parameters software, it provides the most accurate and rapid XRF results possible. SQX is capable of automatically correcting for all matrix effects, including line overlaps. SQX can also correct for secondary excitation effect by photoelectrons (light and ultra-light elements), varying atmospheres, impurities and different sample sizes. Increased accuracy is achieved using matching library and perfect scan analysis programs.
Smart Sample Loading System (SSLS)
Rigaku’s new Smart Sample Loading System (SSLS) adds a new dimension of flexibility to the ZSX Primus WDXRF spectrometer. For sample types that are amenable to such a process, a vacuum chuck can be used to load samples into pre-loaded sample holders. This sample loading system has two important consequences: time is saved by the operator since they are no longer required to manually load each sample in a sample cup and the number of samples that can be held on the sample deck is increased significantly.
Permissible sample types
Rigaku’s SSLS can handle samples up to 50 grams in weight and the modular sample deck racks have been designed for different sample diameters. Samples with a diameter of 35 mm can be stored 32 samples to a rack with three such racks sitting on the deck. Samples with a diameter of 40 mm can be stored 24 samples to a rack with a possibility of three of these racks on the deck. In addition, the racks can be mixed so that different sample sizes are easily accommodated on the deck at the same time. Sample types that are amenable to this type of loading procedure include fused glass beads and pressed powders. Both plastic and metal pressed powder holders are permitted.
A precision vacuum chuck is used to safely and reproducibly pick up the samples and place them in the measurement sample holder. Each sample type has a specific sizing ring positioned in the measurement sample holders to assure that the sample is properly positioned for measurement, and the analytical reading surface is never compromised.
Keeping track of samples has never been easier. A two-dimensional barcode can be attached to the non-analysis surface of each sample. Before the sample is lowered into the pre-evacuation chamber through the input port, the barcode is scanned and the sample information is loaded into the control software.
|Product name||ZSX Primus|
|Technique||X-ray fluorescence (XRF)|
|Benefit||Elemental analysis of solids, liquids, powders, alloys and thin films|
|Technology||Tube below sequential wavelength dispersive (WDXRF)|
|Core attributes||3/4 kW sealed X-ray tube, 48-position autosampler, analyze Be to U, vacuum|
|Core options||He-flush, additional analyzing crystals, r-θ stage/mapping|
|Computer||External PC, MS Windows® OS, ZSX software|
|Core dimensions||800 (W) x 1440 (H) x 908 (D) mm|
|Mass||Approx. 620 kg (core unit)|
|Power requirements||1Ø, 200 VAC 50/60 Hz, 8 kW|